Welcome

Welcome to the official website of the Mura-Region Project. The project aims at increasing tourist attractions within the cross-border area along the river Mura in the Republic of Croatia and Hungary. It has been funded within the 3rd Call for Proposals for the IPA Cross Border Programme Hungary-Croatia 2007-2013.

The Association for the Development of Continental Tourism "I Love Međimurje" participated in the 3rd tender for the operational IPA Cross-border Cooperation Programme 2007-2013 in collaboration with the Hungarian partner  Zala Zöld Szíve Vidékfejlesztési Egyesület. The project has been granted the funding within the tender called Joint Tourism in Zala County and Međimurje County, i.e. abbreviated naming "Mura-Region".

The total project cost has come to 196.633,322 EUR, whereat the lead project partner, Zala Zöld Szíve Vidékfejlesztési Egyesület has borne 115.777,77 EUR of the costs, and the Association for the Development of Continental Tourism "I Love Međimurje" has borne  80.855,55 EUR. Regarding the entire project value, IPA funds cover 85% of the project costs whereas the remaining 15% of the funds are to be covered by the national funds and separate contribution of the partners.

Project partners

Lead beneficiary:Zala Zöld Szíve Vidékfejlesztési EgyesületPetőfi út 1.8874 KerkaszentkirályHungaryProject partner:Udruga za razvoj kontinentalnog turizma "Volim Međimurje"Tel: +385 98355206Trg sv. Martina 13, 40 313 Sveti Martin na MurCroatia

Project goals and activities

The project aims to promote Mura cross-border region as a mutual tourist attraction. In order to achieve this goal a wide range of activities were undertaken during the period from 1 April, 2013 to 31 March, 2014.